Sunday 1 April 2012

Frozen Mocha Chocolate

We had a family over the other night so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try out a new cake! I regretfully didn't take any pictures, but it was kind of yummy!
I found the recipe Epicurious.com. It was a frozen mocha chocolate cake with a chocolate Ganache icing. A bottom layer of cake 1/8" thick then a layer of cafe mouse with another layer of 1/8" of cake then covered with the Ganache - a lot of steps and an expensive cake to make, but it was worth it! Another good thing about it as well is that you can cut the cake into small pieces and no one will complain! I made an 8x4" round cake and was able to cut it into about 20 pcs opposed to the 8-10 recommended online. It is such a rich cake - but really yummy!

I've been tempted to make a Good Friday Cake! We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment