Monday 21 October 2013

Ruffled Wedding Cake

20 batches of cake, 4 cont. dye, 20lbs of fondant, and quite a few hours later...
None the less was a fun cake to work on!
Was my white cake each layer of cake was cut into two and filled with raspberry goodness.

I suppose the most challenging thing for me on this cake was to get the roses and rose petals to the "perfect" color! I had dyed the gumpaste and let it sit overnight, four times! Each time at the end it was "perfect" but by the next day was a completely different hue! Hoping to get a closer picture of the flowers eventually:)
Something about being the maid-of-honor and not thinking of getting any shots of the cake.. totally dependent on others. 

Thankful I could do this for my sister and even more thankful it was what she was looking for:)
Can't promise, but I hope there are more pictures for me to share later!

No comments:

Post a Comment