Monday 19 August 2013

The Frilled Shower

 Had a lot of fun with this cake! Had about 30min to decorate this one (that part's a secret.... shhhh!)
I had been wanting to try this design for awhile - but no orders and no time to practice (sounds like a re-occurring situation), Got an order for a cake for a shower and they let me pick the design - knew exactly what I wanted to do! Et voila!
This Fantasy Flower was so simple, but it totally makes the cake! I have been trying to get this color purple for some time now as I have a wedding cake coming up with this exact color. Was a little concerned about getting the right color tone, but matched the dress swatch with this and it matched perfectly - was so excited!
Had to share this picture as well - this was the inside of this cake! As it was for something a little more formal I wanted to add a little special twist to your normal chocolate cake! I cut the layers so that I had 11 different layers all filled with a cream cheese filling - super moist, and turned out okay!
Thankful for family and friends that will give their honest opinion of these cakes - it's so much easier to improve for the next time then!

No comments:

Post a Comment