Tuesday 17 June 2014

As Cute As Can Be

A little personally sentimental with minnie mouse! 
Fun cake to work on- getting just the right facial expression, angle, eyes, etc! 
Buttercream roses, in fact this whole slab is iced in Rach's Cakes vanilla buttercream.

A fun personal story to go along with this cake
I delivered this cake between Cambridge and Brantford, but it was during my working hours. No problem, I just took the kids with me. After organizing myself, putting my keys, wallet,  and phone into my purse, I picked up the twins and helped the 3yearold sweetie from the car. Reaching for the diaper bag, I figured I'd just put my wallet into the diaper bag and not worry about taking in two bags (smart right...). 
After a quick snack and pit stop we made our way back out to the vehicle, only to realize the keys, my phone, and my sanity was left in the car!
Tim's only allows local calls - so I was limited.
Stop for a minute and picture me for a minute! It was Friday the 13th (lots of bikers around), a three-year-old thinking life is great and exploring as far as she could, twins in my arms, and a buttercream cake in my slowly-getting-hot car! In reality it was likely only for 5 minutes, but it felt like an eternity!
A quick prayer, or should I say...a few prayers later
looked down and never have been more thankful for the extra key in my wallet!
The thought actually went through my head as I was walking out to my car -"man I don't even have the extra set of keys with me - they're in my purse too". Had forgotten I had grabbed my wallet!
Lesson learned I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment