Tuesday 17 June 2014

Soaring

So excited to work on these cakes for some special little boys!
The two on the edges are the birthday smash cakes - giant chocolate cupcakes with blue buttercream! Made for an amazing couple pictures!
The main cake was also fun to work on - I wish I could allow you all into my bakery for just one day. To smell the smells, to taste the tastes... to get the full effect. Simply because no matter how hard I try to describe it to you here, you will never fully be able to understand!
There is more to a cake than the mere decor - to me it's all about taste, texture, and finally looks!
Don't get me wrong, looks are huge, but I think even a bigger factor is the taste! Lets face it - who would want a cake that tastes like cardboard - not here! Try to imagine a moist dark chocolate cake filled with a smooth creamy mocha filling, and covered in a light, sweet, vanilla buttercream. Or, in the fall going out to the field and picking a fresh pumpkin, baking it into a pumpkin crunch with brown sugar and a delectable cream cheese icing topped with a walnut brown sugar crumble... I could go on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment